Newer browser versions perform better, are generally more secure, and offer better support for the newer
features that we continue to develop. Click here to download the most recent version of Internet Explorer.
Cell: (919) 801-8589
Direct: (919) 416-2282
Fax: (919) 595-3803
Durham Sales Office
1304 Highway 54 West
Durham, NC 27707
Phone: (919) 493-4434
James Martin Cassady
Broker AssociateSign up for custom alerts What People Say About James Martin Enter a Testimonial
- Marty Cassady is a native of the Martinsville, Virginia area and has lived in the Triangle since 1997. He is a Virginia Tech alumnus and spent many years in Blacksburg before relocating to North Carolina. Marty was drawn here not only by the Triangle’s vibrant economy and housing market, but also by the music, arts and culture our area offers.
- Marty brings to the real estate industry three decades of experience in advertising, marketing, promotions, and sales, plus a background in broadcasting and journalism. He has worked for the Durham Herald-Sun, the Carrboro Citizen, the National Press Photographers Association, and WUNC-FM. He has done free-lance media consulting, directed marketing and promotions for two regional video rental chains, and worked in music and book retailing. His first job after college was as a radio announcer, and he still does radio for fun today, as a volunteer DJ for Durham’s WXDU and Hillsborough's WHUP.
- Marty’s thoughts on how his work experience applies to real estate: “Everything I’ve ever done has involved customer service and client relations to some degree, and I’ve always been very proud of the level of service I’ve been able to provide. The keys are caring about your clients and doing what you say you're going to do.”
- Marty comes from a family of educators. Both his parents were public school teachers (although his father left teaching and went into business at a fairly young age) and his maternal grandmother was a teacher as well. His brother is a university professor. Marty says: “A lot of what we do in real estate is educating buyers and sellers, and helping them through a complex transaction. In a way, it's teaching. It's also a constant learning process, as we are always continuing our own education. This is something I really enjoy and find rewarding.”
- Marty and his wife Phyllis, an Orange County native, live near Hillsborough with their dogs, cats, and backyard chickens. They divide their time between family, friends, and trips to the Virginia mountains or their condo at Carolina Beach. They are as likely to be seen at Cat’s Cradle or the Carolina Theatre as on one of the local golf courses. Marty is a Hokies fan, of course, and Phyllis roots for the UNC Tar Heels, but they make it work.
Post License Courses:
- Relocation Certified Associate (RCA)
Board of Realtors:
- Durham Regional Association of REALTORS®
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Sq Ft: 2470
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Sq Ft: 882
Durham, NC 27713
Sq Ft: 1074
Durham, NC 27703
Sq Ft: 1438
Carrboro, NC 27510
Sq Ft: 815