Newer browser versions perform better, are generally more secure, and offer better support for the newer
features that we continue to develop. Click here to download the most recent version of Internet Explorer.
FM Rental Services’ Terms and Conditions
Receive alerts when a real estate change occurs near you!
We take great pride in our ability to recruit, train, and retain the finest quality real estate professionals.
FM Rental Services’ Terms and Conditions
FM Rental Services is owned and operated by Fonville Morisey Realty, a Long & Foster Company.
All information delivered and/or represented on our site is based in whole or in part on data supplied by the Apartment Communities themselves, the Durham Board of REALTORS, the Chapel Hill Board of REALTORS, the Raleigh-Wake Board of REALTORS or their MLSs. Neither FM Rental Services, Fonville Morisey Realty, Long and Foster Company (or any of its assigns), the Boards or their MLSs guarantee or are in any way responsible for its accuracy.
Collection. Upon registering with our site and providing us with your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Depending on the services used, we may collect and store the following personal information:
- Your contact information such as name, email address, address and telephone number;
- Your future homeownership plans;
- Whether or not you currently have a real estate agent
- The area(s) where you are interested in living;
- Your minimum bedrooms and bathrooms;
- The lease term you desire
- Whether you desire a furnished or un-furnished rental home
- The amount of monthly rent you would desire to pay
- The date you will visit
- Your desired move-in date
- Whether or not you have pets (along with the type and number)
- If you would like to be assisted by a real estate agent
Information based on your activities on the website, such as search information, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within the website, ad data, and IP address and standard web log information
Use. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request, including confirming emails related to the website services, reminders and transactions.
- Provide the ability to communicate with Renters and Lessors.
- Troubleshoot fee collection issues.
- Customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve our services and the website's content and layout.
- Tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences. (If we use your personal information to market to you, you will be able to opt-out of emails sent to you)
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- Measure consumer interest in our products and services.
- Help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity.
- Enforce our agreements, terms, condition, and policies.
- As otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Disclosure. We may share some or all of your personal information with:
- Other third parties to whom you request information, review and/or overview their properties (The information we disclose in this way may be subject to those third parties' privacy policies.)
- Service providers who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, invoicing, affiliate and rewards programs).
We may also disclose personal information if permitted to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process.
Communications and Communication Tools. FM Rental Services communicates with users, and facilitates communications between users, in a variety of ways.
Lead Response. We may make tools available that facilitate communications between Renters and Lessors by phone or email. When these tools are used, we may collect certain information related to the communication, like contact logs, calling number, call duration, contents of the email communication, and (when notified during the call) call recordings. We may share this information with Lessors so they can manage their communications with Renters, and we will use this information to enforce our rights to collect fees payable by the Lessors.
Email-to-a-Friend. If you use our Email to-a-Friend or other email tools, we do not permanently store the email address you give us or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Email preferences. We provide all users with the opportunity to opt out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us after setting up an account.
Cookies. We or our service providers may place cookies or web beacons on your computer when you visit portions of our website. We use permanent cookies to provide personalized features, such as automatically logging you into your “My FM Realty” personalized home page. We use session cookies to monitor and improve the functionality and usability of our website. You can block our cookies by changing the settings on your browser (contact your ISP for help), but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain services to you.
Our website links to other websites that may collect personal information about you. FM Rental Services is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
Account Protection. Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your FM Rental Services password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify FM Rental Services and change your password.
Security. Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and take steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Questions. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the following address:
FM Rental Services
1000 Saint Albans Drive, STE 400
Raleigh, NC. 27609